Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Best for My Country that I Don't Work

My friend gave me a hard time for not working today. He said he would not speak to me until I found a job or did some type of volunteer work.

Assuming, my foster bunny doesn't count, I did some deep soul searching and made a quick stop at the book store to pick up some franchise /small business magazines.

After much contemplation, I came to the conclusion that it is best for my fellow Americans that I in fact, don't work! If I took a job I would be taking the job of someone that potentially needs the money to pay for housing and food. I need money for neither.

He agreed! However, I was still bothered by this perception that because I was not working at a "job" or doing volunteer work that I wasn't contributing to society in a positive way. After reading my 3 magazines I found an article regarding starting a blog. I thought I can do that! Why not. I'll try. So, this is my first attempt at work in almost 4 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment